COPYRIGHT, PLEASE NOTE

All the material on this website is copyrighted to J-P Metsavainio, if not otherwise stated. Any content on this website may not be reproduced without the author’s permission.

Have a visit in my portfolio

Monday, November 13, 2017

A miss shot



Now and then something goes wrong... Especially when the target is very dim, it's very easy to miss the whole target while aiming to it.
I was shooting my first light for the Autumn season 2017 and I thought that my telescope was centred to the WR 134. It was not, instead I shot some dim filaments of gas and lots of stars next to actual target.

Not much a photo but I didn't want to waste three hours of exposures so I made this image out of them. Color data is borrowed from my older mosaic image of the area.


A miss shot
Please, click for a full resolution photo



A large image of the area
Please, click for a full resolution photo

The area in the small photo above is marked with a white rectangle.



No comments: